Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it?

That's a thing.

I've been dealing with a lot pain.  And stress.  I've quit smoking!  Somewhere around 22 years of smoking.  I'm not sure.  I've switched to vaping, so I still have a nicotine fix.  But no more tar, no more chemicals.  My body is going through hell, and according to my doctor, it will for another month or two, and may get worse for awhile.  My FMS is aggravating the whole thing.  My system is dumping chemicals and tar build up, and it's GROSS.  O_O  My doctor cautioned me against giving in and taking up smoking again, and let me tell you, after going through two months of this hell, this disgusting stomach wrenching hell (my OCD makes me want to puke when I cough up stuff because THAT IS STILL IN MY BODY), I will never smoke again.  There is no chance of it.  Sure, I still have the occasional mild urge to have a fag, but it passes.  It's not serious.  I don't even know how long it's been now.  Like I said though, somewhere around two months.  Yeah, I'm proud of myself.

Also, holy shit, how was I ever able to afford spending 2-300£ a month on fags?  My mind is stunned.

Moving on.

I updated my first post to reflect some changes in my life.  I'm 37 in less than two weeks.  NINE DAYS!  I'm excited, hell yeah.

I craft!  Well, I always have, but I'm taking it seriously now.  I crochet, when I feel like it.  It's hard to do it for long these days.  It hurts my hands more than almost anything else.  I love it though, and do the most of it in the Autumn and Winter, making wintery things.  My yarn stash is huge.  I'm sort of addicted to yarn.

I've taken up sewing again.  It's been a very long time.  20ish years!  But my daughter has had her own little one for a couple of years and I want her to progress and I really want to start doing it again, so I purchased a gorgeous Husqvarna, and I'm messing with it a bit before I start doing anything seriously.

Cards!  OMG the cards.  I've enjoyed sending cards and postcards to friends for many years; then I started making some for holidays to send.  Now I'm going to be opening my own online shop to sell them.  I really hope you'll stop by when I finally do.  I'm feeling a little inadequate.  But I am also confident that I'm pretty good, and I'll only get better.  Buy my cards.  I want to buy a die cutting machine :D

I know a lot of my friends are crafty.  I want to link your blogs!  Leave a message and a link for me, oh my friends, and I will do this for you!

So, welcome welcome!  Next post I'm going to share some cards I've made for friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. No blog, but I have a store! :-D http://www.zibbet.com/MiniatureMonkeyCreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! Stores count, that's what I'm after. Sort of cross promoting thing :) I love the things you make and would promote you any way though. I'll add you!

      Delete